This is one of my Dad’s creations – all in one tray, the chorizo creates the dish’s sauce as it melts and releases spicy oil into the pan. This one needs very little attention in the oven, so although the cooking time is longer, it’s a good healthy option for those with busy lives!
Per person you will need;
100g baby new potatoes
1 chicken breast
6 slices of chorizo, 1cm thick
¼ red onion
1 clove of garlic
½ red pepper
5-6 baby vine tomatoes
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cumin
Pinch of paprika
Slick of olive oil
- Chop the baby potatoes in half and toss into a deep sided baking tray with a slick of olive oil, salt, cumin and paprika.
- Roughly chop the onion into wedges and place alongside the potatoes.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the tray from the oven, and add the raw chicken breasts. These will cook over the next 40 minutes, bathed in the spices, oil and steam from the other ingredients, making them lovely and tender.
- At the same time, add the sliced chorizo.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven again, to add the large slices of pepper and tomatoes. Ensure these ingredients stay near the top of the pile, where they can char slightly in the heat of the oven.
- After a final 20 minutes, your tray bake is ready to eat! Serve with salad, or maybe a corn on the cob.