Peas are a particular favourite of mine; sweet and fresh I can find a way to work them into most recipes. But here, peas are the star of the show!
A patient said to me the other day in clinic, that she liked peas, but they were too difficult to get onto her fork, so not worth the bother. I’m hoping this crushed pea salad will change her mind!
You will need;
As many peas as you can eat!
Half a lemon
Rosa Verde Salad Greens
- Boil your peas. These are the main attraction of this dish, so I would suggest half to a cup of peas per person.
- Strain the water once cooked, and squeeze over the juice of half a lemon.
- Add chilli and mint to taste.
- Using a potato masher, crush the peas to a rough consistency. Not so much as mushy peas, but until 90% of the peas are “damaged”
- Serve as a side dish alone, or mix hot into rosa verde salad greens for a base to chicken, soft cheese or tofu. I prefer these peas eaten warm, but they are also delicious cold with BBQ food in the summer.