This is a bit of a throw it together meal; cooked and enjoyed on a Friday night with my best friend. Loaded with veggies, and good fats from the cheese and oil – it’s healthier than you might think.
Per person you will need;
100g Seeds of Change Organic Spinach Trottole Pasta
3 1cm slices of halloumi cheese
½ fresh beetroot
1 red bell pepper
1 handfull of baby spinach
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 pinch of salt
- Wrap the beetroot in foil and place in a high-side baking tray. Roast in the oven for 60 minutes at 200 degrees, or until tender. Allow to cool slightly before splitting the skin, and peeling out the beetroot flesh.
- Dip your halloumi slices a bowl of 2 tablespoons of olive oil to coat them, before placing on a hot griddle pan to sear.
- Take the halloumi out of the pan, and char the sliced bell peppers.
- Boil your pasta until al dente and drain.
- Top your pasta with chunks of hot beetroot, peppers and the halloumi slices, before drizzling with the remaining olive oil, and seasoning with salt.
- Serve with baby spinach… and a glass of wine!